Stained Glass... a war of will and wits.

Started by MinerB4Gaming on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 07:39, 5. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Stained Glass... a war of will and wits.

got bored, summarize:

why translucent texture opaque?

I, for the past day have been trying to add new color variants (how original) to my Minecraft Mod. I've already finished making every texture, importing it into MCreator, and made a block out of it. However, for some absolutely wild reason when I made Stained Glass, it was opaque. So I checked the forums until I found an answer, which turned out to be "I have the same issue too". Found another post saying to change the transparency type, so I did that. Didn't work, so I tried the other. Didn't work, so I rechecked everything, tried the last option... didn't work. Now I don't know what the deal with this thing is, but it seems to not want to be Translucent. Anyone know how I can get this darn thing to work?

Last seen on 00:04, 29. Mar 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you are not using plugins…
Wed, 05/24/2023 - 15:47

If you are not using plugins, and you are using the latest supported version of MCreator.  All you should have to do is  set transparency type to translucent, and turn on "check if your block has transparent parts" if that still doesn't work, double check your textures in case the program you made them is doesn't support transparency, or adds in a background.

Last seen on 07:39, 5. Dec 2023
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think I completely missed…
Thu, 05/25/2023 - 01:55

I think I completely missed that, thanks!
The stained glass is working now and it's pretty neat
Copper Stained Glass along with Hardened Clay and Concrete form. Includes other color variants!

Last seen on 19:22, 21. Jun 2023
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Id like to say im having the…
Wed, 06/21/2023 - 03:12

Id like to say im having the same problem. Made the texture in Mcreator, checked both boxes, however the texture still remains solid. I dont know where to go from here.