How to make blocks mine faster with a tool?

Started by swelkinn_n on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:20, 6. Apr 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make blocks mine faster with a tool?

I know this title sounds actually insane, "just set the tool able to destroy it to that tool" but no that doesn't actually work--it mines the exact same

i'm literally just trying to make a stone block, it has the required tool for the drop set to true, it has the tool set to pickaxe, it has 1.5 hardness like vanilla stone and yet it does not change mining speed with or without pickaxe

i can't tell if i'm missing something or genuinely going insane because i feel like every single time i make a block this function works completely differently 

Last seen on 20:44, 16. Nov 2023
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know if I am too…
Sun, 09/17/2023 - 23:04

I don't know if I am too late for a response but after experiencing the same bug as you did and going through my files I found a solution.
You must probably have, in your mod, an animated block by Geckolib that you made, and if that is the case, I advise you delete it because it takes off every single "mineable" tag any other block you created had, and even by forcing your tag onto those blocks they will get completely ignored by MCreator regardless of you locking the code or not. 

If you do delete the animated block (if that is the issue), all your blocks will get back their mineable tag and will work immediately.

I went insane too when I found this out.