How do I make it so an item will negate fall damage of whoever has it in there off hand?

Started by Rougessmp2 on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 04:58, 21. Aug 2023
Joined May 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I make it so an item will negate fall damage of whoever has it in there off hand?

I currently have it so when 2 blocks below you is air it gives you slow falling but I am just checking if there are any other ways of doing it so that you cant basically fly with it in your right hand.

Last seen on 20:45, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"attempt to override fall…
Wed, 05/31/2023 - 12:33

"attempt to override fall distance of event/target entity with 0 block for next tick" there is a procedure block that looks similar to that, I think it is under entity management, but I am not positive.

It does exist in the latest supported MCreator version for forge, and it does not require plugins.

Last seen on 01:45, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you can do this procedure,…
Wed, 05/31/2023 - 18:01

you can do this procedure, to avoid fall damage add the block that cancels the event, you can find it in 'advanced' and you can add your element

Last seen on 10:38, 22. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I recommend Catnip's method,…
Thu, 06/01/2023 - 16:09

I recommend Catnip's method, but it depends on what you're going for. When an entity is falling, the game keeps track of how long they've been falling in order to calculate fall damage- the 'overide fall distance' block resets this value, meaning the player continues to fall normally, but does not take damage on impact.