Are there any alternative ways to detect if something is being powered by redstone

Started by theotherhand on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 02:37, 14. Feb 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Are there any alternative ways to detect if something is being powered by redstone

So I'm using procedures in the 2022.3 version of mcreator to make it so when a grinder is powered, the thing inside it will be ground up

My problem comes in with the redstone on dependencies. It won't let me spawn in items or check if theres something in the gui. What alternative ways can I make restone do this?

Last seen on 10:38, 22. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You could check for redstone…
Thu, 06/01/2023 - 16:01

You could check for redstone power, but it's a bit finnicky. Alternatively, you could make two seperate versions of the Grinder, (a powered and non-powered variant.) Have the non-powered variant replace itself with the powered variant when it recieves a redstone signal, and revert back when it is not recieving a signal, being sure to use the 'replace' procedure to keep the Inventory/NBT data, and only allow the powered version to grind things. I'm not sure if there's a method to directly check if the block is powered for GUI in 2022.3.