(SOLVED) (MCreator 2023.2) Extreme cases of BUDing in modded redstone components

Started by MeatyMaker00 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:05, 27. Jan 2024
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(SOLVED) (MCreator 2023.2) Extreme cases of BUDing in modded redstone components
Sun, 06/11/2023 - 11:57 (edited)

I'm making a mod with redstone components. When they activate, even though the powering works it does so through BUD (block update detector), meaning the other things connected to the component activate only when a block is placed or updated next to it. While at first I simply found it quirky, actually using the components in circuits simply leads to a mess of pistons and clocks to update the components.

To solve this, I tried making both blocks tick 20 times per second in their advanced properties, then giving them an UpdateTick trigger to update all blocks next to them. This has done absolutely nothing. Does anyone know how I could fix this or how Mojang did it? Or is it something with the Power condition trigger in MCreator?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I have found the solution (in case this is happening to you as well): simply Update/Notify block at x y z. That's it.

Edited by MeatyMaker00 on Sun, 06/11/2023 - 11:57