trying to make potion effect that saves player coords in 3 variables when effect applied but it doesnt wanna (2022.2)

Started by pYMxolbo on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:24, 17. Mar 2024
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
trying to make potion effect that saves player coords in 3 variables when effect applied but it doesnt wanna (2022.2)

okay so im trying to make this block code function upon being applied when receiving the effect and this is what it looks like ignore the test messages but do keep in mind that none of them show up in chat 

but for some reason it just doesnt apply at all? like it doesnt even send the first test message. it is in the "when effect started/applied" section since i only want it to save the coordinates once so that i can teleport the player back to them after the potion effect is over (potion effect causes player to be in spectator but i didnt want to let them use it to tp since its an item called "the all seeing eye" dropped from a boss covered in eyes) i have been trying to solve this for at least 2 hours now and am genuinely miserable because i just want this funny little feature to work :( also the effect expire of teleporting the player to the variable but converting the variable back to coords does work it just doesnt want to be changed so unless i somehow made all 3 of the variables constant just by setting them to number and global world then idk. why dont it just run the blocks i dont see anything wrong with them unless i need to put it in like active tick condition or something

Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
this is a mod for 1.16 btw…
Sun, 06/25/2023 - 01:53

this is a mod for 1.16 btw thats the reason im using a janky old version of mcreator i mean i would use a newer version but i have already broken the save file for a different mod by trying to convert it to a newer version and i dont want to break this one

Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
okay actually nevermind…
Sun, 06/25/2023 - 02:00

okay actually nevermind apparently that procedure was just bugged lmao ignore this page