Please help! Unable to Overwrite Enchanting Book Recipe!

Started by prophetofgaster on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 20:33, 4. Sep 2023
Joined Aug 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Please help! Unable to Overwrite Enchanting Book Recipe!

Mcreator Version: 2023.2 

Minecraft Version: 1.19.4 

Do you have Plugins: Yes, remote workspace plugin. Seems to have little effect on the mod itself, however. 

General information on your problem: I am trying to overwrite the enchanting table recipe with a custom recipe. It is not working. 

General Information on what you have done to fix it: Well, first I double-checked I was using the "minecraft" namespace. I am. I tried reloading mcreator. No change. Tried recreating the recipe all over again and loading a world. No change. Tried editing the code directly, but my understanding is very limited and there was still no change. In all cases, enchantment tables are still crafted using their regular default minecraft recipe instead of my modded one (where an item called "Book of Galactic Gnosis" replaces the normal book). All items used in my custom recipe are functioning normally. All other overwritten recipes are functioning normally and as intended. Enchanting table recipe refuses to change! I'm very confused and in need of help! I attached a screenshot of my recipe in the workspace and in the files. I'm fairly new to Mcreator, so forgive me if this is a simple fix. Thanks! ^^