How do i override vanilla recipes in 2023.2?

Started by Khmer on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:41, 8. Jan 2024
Joined May 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do i override vanilla recipes in 2023.2?

First, I know that there's like an infinite number of posts asking about and giving tutorials on this exact thing, but I've read plenty of them and nothing anyone says has worked for me so far, so now I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I'm working on a mod that reworks survival mode by changing the way several aspects of the game work (requiring collecting rocks to make a crude axe in order to get wood, requiring the use of a metal caster to mold iron tools and armor with molten ingots, etc). However, when I try to replace the vanilla recipes with new ones from the mod, it doesn't work. I've tried just making the new recipe under the Minecraft namespace and with the vanilla registry name, but that didn't do anything. I tried remaking the original recipe (again with vanilla namespace and registry name) but with air as the result and then adding the new recipe under the mod namespace, and while the new recipe did work, the old one still worked as well which I'm trying to change. I tried adding the "default" recipe group name to the vanilla recipes, but that didn't change anything either. I even tried some things that I didn't see people mentioning, such as making both the vanilla recipe and the new recipe under the Minecraft namespace and then replicating the new recipe under the mod namespace so that there were a total of three recipes, but that didn't work any more than anything else. I've tried everything I've seen people mentioning and everything else that I could think of, and nothing is working.

If you want the workspace so you can experiment with it yourself, here is the download for my workspace: https://www.mediafire.com/file/thu3ade55rq85v1/Survival+Revamped.zip/file Again, it's on MCreator version 2023.2.

Go to the "Recipes" folder and type IronSword into the search bar to see the recipes I'm currently experimenting with.

This is a crucial part of the mod, so if anyone is able to figure this out and explain how to override the vanilla recipes, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and have a nice day!

- Khmer

Last seen on 02:55, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi bro I have the same…
Wed, 04/17/2024 - 02:02

Hi bro I have the same problem, I see tutorials and so many things like that, but they don't solve my problem, if you were able to change the vanilla recipe please tell me what you have done, if I find a solution on this I will publish it, have a good day bro

Last seen on 01:16, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There may be another way,…
Sun, 04/21/2024 - 22:39

There may be another way, but what I did was just make a recipe, change the namespace to minecraft, and then just put in the recipe for the item i want to change and then make it output "air" instead of the item. then you just make another recipe with the new one you made.