The second snapshot of MCreator 2021.2 is here. This update adds many interesting features and fixes Gradle problems on some computers and major issues with macOS.
This snapshot adds some quite interesting new features including custom GUI checkboxes with procedure support, pressure plate block base, support for custom blocks to emit fixed or procedure-defined redstone power, many variable improvements and additions, improved performance, and fixes to Gradle builds and for macOS users.
Major new features in this snapshot are highlighted with bold text.
- Externalized more UI texts for translation
- Improved import formatter and generator performance
- Improved procedure selection system
- Added redstone power control support to blocks
- Added texture maker template list search bar
- Added option to rename folders
- Added option to specify custom block and plant sound sets
- Added checkbox GUI component
- Added pressure plate block base
- Added more workspace mod element list views
- Added new local variable type and procedure return type: block state
- Added new global variable type: block state
- Added new global variable type: direction
- Plugins can now add new global variable types
- [Bugfix, FG 1.16.5] Gradle build could fail on computers with JRE 8 installed
- [Bugfix] MCreator did not start on some macOS computers
- [Bugfix] Selection of files was not possible on some macOS computers
- [Bugfix] Some other minor fixes and improvements
- [Plugins] Plugins can now add new global variable types
As we announced on our social channels, the contest will be extended to the pre-release stage of MCreator. Due to quite a big number of themes already submitted (and we are sure there are more to come), the contest may run in two stages, pre-selection voting and the final two themes voting. Keep in mind that any themes that use copyrighted content or we suspect they do are not eligible for the contest.
Make sure to tell us what you think about the update in the comments, test out the snapshot, and report bugs (only by you reporting the bugs properly, we can assure a bug-free release) in the snapshot. Keep on modding!