Joined Oct 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
A lot of MCreator icons are outdated/unnacurate

Even the axe in the toolpack creator is also not the same template as axes in vanilla. they look completely different! Please fix this.

Last seen on 15:05, 6. Oct 2023
Joined Jan 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I got told some time ago it…
Sun, 09/10/2023 - 14:48

I got told some time ago it's because of copyright, but it wouldn't make sense because they even use Mojang's code...

Anyways, you can just import them from i.e. the default resource pack.

Last seen on 15:21, 16. Oct 2023
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm not a lawyer, so i might…
Mon, 09/11/2023 - 19:47

I'm not a lawyer, so i might be wrong in some places, but Minecraft eula allows usage of Minecraft's code for some types of modification, especially for creation of mods, however visual aspects (textures, icons) may not be under the same rule.

When you personally might be okay, Pylo could be in some trouble when they would distribute MCreator with copyrighted assets. In Minecraft eula is written that you must not distribute anything is their's (microsoft's), that is not yours (your original work), that includes any audio-visual content. We can argue that Minecraft code used in mcreator is kinda pylo's work, cause they use Blockly system to generate mods from that, so it's not just copy - paste situation, cause they had to do some work on it to adapt it for mcreator's mod generation, also some parts are Forge's code which is not affiliated with Minecraft developers, so it's bit safer here. However to textures/icons... It would be just a copy-paste. 

Here eula, but beware, it's legal language:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/eula

For better, more accurate answer we'd have to ask a real lawyer.