Lost everything in my workspace and there is no workspaceBackup folder in .mcreator (I had so much stuff)

Started by LegitChair on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 19:48, 2. Oct 2023
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Lost everything in my workspace and there is no workspaceBackup folder in .mcreator (I had so much stuff)

Just as the title says, I lost everything with no workspaceBackup folder (I still have the .mod)s 

Please tell me if there is anything I can do

Last seen on 11:41, 17. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How, specifically, did this…
Wed, 09/27/2023 - 15:24

How, specifically, did this happen? I've also had similar problems, but in almost every case if something goes wrong, MCcreator makes emergency backups. Are you absolutely certain there are no backup folders? (They'd be located in the MCcreator workspace file, under 'mccreator.'

Last seen on 19:48, 2. Oct 2023
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I forgot to respond but I…
Mon, 10/02/2023 - 19:50

I forgot to respond but I found the backup folder (I'm just stupid) and the reason why everything got deleted was because I was trying to fix another problem of the game crashing with no indicator on why

Last seen on 11:41, 17. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you're going to load a…
Mon, 10/02/2023 - 21:50

If you're going to load a backup, make sure you're using the correct version of MCcreator, and make sure to copy all of the files in the backup folder to your main workspace, do not actually move them there. (If things continue to go wrong, you really don't want the backup to get corrupted too.) You should be asked if you want to overwrite a bunch of files, (the src, elements, and workspace, sprcifically), and should do so.