How can I make a custom tree model?

Started by Ahmet Enes TAŞÇI on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:54, 22. May 2024
Joined Aug 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How can I make a custom tree model?

Hello. I want to add trees to the biome I created, in a different form, with a different structure, than the established tree types in Minecraft.

I guess you will say that doing this is only possible by saving the tree design in different variations with the structure block. However, I want you to know that in frequent cases such as tree formation, structures saved with the structure block cause the game to not open at all, let alone crash the game.

Last seen on 13:54, 22. May 2024
Joined Aug 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Does no one really know how…
Wed, 10/11/2023 - 13:19

Does no one really know how to do it? Everyone who wrote after me was answered, shame on you!

Last seen on 22:20, 20. Jul 2024
Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've been working on a…
Tue, 10/17/2023 - 23:56

I've been working on a solution for you since you posted this and I haven't had time to get back to you till now, so don't shame me lol. Anyways, the solution I found is using "features" in the mod elements selector. The basic idea is that you can spawn features very often with no lag. But, there are very limited options for what you can spawn with features easily, but I found a work around where you can have blocks placed within the conditional procedure for the feature placement. This means you will need to write out the block placement of you trees in code, but it works well after that. Here are pictures of my test, I hope this is helpful. Some notes: Under "addition generation conditions" is where you with a procedures just like mine below, the only things you should change from my example are the "place" blocks to be different blocks and positions as well as the if condition. You have to have the if block with some conditions as well as the return true and false blocks in the exact places shown. Other than that, you may have to change some of the settings with the leaves to make sure they don't start despawning when its generated, and you may have to play around with more strict placement code because if you use exactly this, they can spawn right next to each other.

""""

Last seen on 23:47, 23. Jul 2024
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Op, Make an ingame structure…
Mon, 10/23/2023 - 16:50

Op,

Make an ingame structure using structure blocks with your wood type. Make a couple of different trees. Next, go to the editor and go to resources, then structures, and then import structures from minecraft. Select your structures and import.

Now create the structure element. Select your structure and change the spawn rate to make it spawn more or less (the higher the value, the more common it is)

Make sure to make the structure only spawn inside your desired dimension/biome

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you were looking for, but i hope it helps in some way.

Last seen on 22:20, 20. Jul 2024
Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
GalaxyGameYT, the reason op…
Mon, 10/23/2023 - 18:49

GalaxyGameYT, the reason op can’t use structures is because the level of frequency required to simulate tree generation with Mcreator structures would crash the game, so they’re looking for another option besides structures to begin with.

Last seen on 23:47, 23. Jul 2024
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah ok, that makes sense 
Mon, 10/23/2023 - 20:34

Ah ok, that makes sense