Custom Entity immune to explosion doesnt work

Started by EnbyAkira on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:54, 19. Nov 2023
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Entity immune to explosion doesnt work

Hey, so i made a mod which has a custom entity in it, and i wanted to make it drop a special item if the player manages to kill it
so i made it immune to all kinds of damage except falling anvils
i tested that, and all the other things in the mod, and it worked great, i thought, until the guy, who i made the mod for (i also told him, there is only one way to kill it) acidentally killed it through a creeper explosion when he was trying to make a thumbnail

sooo i checked everything, and it should be fine but sadly the immunity to explosions (Creeper and TNT btw) doesnt work for me

wasnt sure if i should post this in help with modding or more like in the bug section

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What version of MCreator are…
Sun, 10/29/2023 - 16:07

What version of MCreator are you using? I've been able to get this working for entities in 2023.3 without issue. Keep in mind that making an entity immune to explosions doesn't make them immune to being thrown by explosions; if you trigger an explosion really close to an entity that's immune to explosions, it'll launch it into the air without damaging it, but then deal massive amounts of fall damage on impact. Beyond that, I'm not sure what the issue could be.