Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Right Click to use previous input

I've noticed that when it comes to making recipes for stairs, slabs, etc that it can take well over an hour to do all those recipes one at a time for each block, I had to dedicate 4 hours recently when I had added around 20 stairs, slabs & walls to a variety of blocks in one of my mods.

So what I'm suggesting is that in the Recipe creation menu~
Right clicking one of the slots, will automatically use whatever your last input was

So you can for instance in a crafting recipe that requires dirt in every slot, just input dirt for one slot, and right click the other 8 slots to fill those in with dirt too.
Make it work with Tags and it will make building recipes en masse go from being a several hour endeavour, to maybe even less than an hour.

This could work with the block texture menu too, and other menus where you can input multiple things, so you can assign all 6 fairly quickly instead of having to open in a menu and look for the thing you want.

While this might not be a necessity for smaller mods, larger ones can hit the thousands in terms of elements, and every little bit of efficiency makes working on those big mods less of a chore. (as an aside, can we get an update to the smithing table recipe maker, it currently lacks the ability to use the slot for templates)

Last seen on 17:40, 29. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
going to bump this post once…
Thu, 11/09/2023 - 02:26

going to bump this post once so more people can see it, I genuinely think that being able to quickly put in what you previously input would save so much time on repetitive recipes like stairs or any recipes that use lots of tags

Hi! I recommend checking our…
Sat, 11/11/2023 - 15:30

Hi! I recommend checking our changelog or following our social channels. A similar thing is coming in the next update:

See  https://twitter.com/PyloDEV/status/1723038173998047606 / https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxyqq-2qX5bF3FacDxt5T96M1_RpOzopoQ

Last seen on 17:40, 29. Apr 2024
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yess! I'm very happy to see…
Sat, 11/11/2023 - 15:41

Yess! I'm very happy to see that something like this is being added, Every little bit of efficiency helps when you're working with hundreds of recipes!