Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Procedure Creation Help Please

Hello, Ive been trying to create a procedure that makes it so that certain armor pieces that I have made reduce incoming damage by a percentage, but am stuck on the part where it reduces the damage. So far I have:

Event trigger - triggered by external call or when (global trigger): Entity Attacked

If : Get item from armor slot  0  of event/target entity = (helmet i created)

do :

But as I said before I don't get how to actually reduce the incoming damage, I couldn't even find any tutorials about it. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Last seen on 23:41, 8. Jun 2024
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello, you can adjust the…
Sat, 11/25/2023 - 21:04

Hello, you can adjust the incoming damage in the armor settings.

By "Toughness" and "Damage Value"

Last seen on 20:25, 30. Nov 2023
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello, thank you for your…
Sat, 11/25/2023 - 21:12

Hello, thank you for your reply, but the Toughness and Damage Value are only capable of reducing damage by set numbers like reducing a 10 attack damage hit to a 5 by having a certain amount of armor. But if you were to get hit by say a 20 attack damage hit, it would only reduce to 15. What I'm hoping to do is actually reduce damage by a percentage. So for example, you can get hit with a 50 attack damage hit and it become 25, then in the very next second if you get hit by a 200 attack damage hit it become 100. (I know normally your Minecraft character wouldn't survive any of these hits but it's for a mod I'm making, just roll with it.)

Last seen on 10:01, 17. Jul 2024
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Closest thing I can think of…
Sun, 11/26/2023 - 05:58

Closest thing I can think of is giving the player a specific level of resistance just before damage is applied. Resistance reduces damage for 20% per level. Level 1 reduces 20%, level 2 reduces 40% etc.

Last seen on 20:25, 30. Nov 2023
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello, thank you for your…
Sun, 11/26/2023 - 06:21

Hello, thank you for your reply as well, that's a good idea. But unfortunately it doesn't help with the percentages i want to be able to do such as 4% and 50% reduction. Its a good idea thought and I will try and see if I can get something like that to work while waiting for more replies.

Last seen on 10:01, 17. Jul 2024
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ah true. I wonder if you can…
Sun, 11/26/2023 - 23:10

Ah true. I wonder if you can check the amount of incoming damage, cancel the damage, and instead deal a percentage of the source damage to the player.