Music Disc constantly not compiling

Started by Recycled Scraps on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:24, 27. Dec 2023
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Music Disc constantly not compiling

Every single time I try to reload the Gradle and code it cannot compile this one music disc. I have zero clue why and I need help. Tell me if I need to provide any more information

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The most likely issue is…
Fri, 12/08/2023 - 12:21

The most likely issue is your cache is corrupted, though that's sort of uncommon if you're not as far into development. MCreator uses data caches to load things quicker, and if they get out of sync it can cause weird inexplicable build issues. You can clear the caches manually using MCreator's troubleshooting guide, or in more recent versions just go to the 'build and run' tab at the top of your workspace and either clear the project cache or clear all caches.

Clearing the project cache will reset all of the data caches, which just means it'll take a couple minutes to recompile everything. Clearing all the data caches will do this for every workspace, which may be necessary if things are really broken for some reason. Either way, you may want to make a backup before doing this, just as a precaution. If neither option works, then it's more likely there's something actually wrong with the project, but 90% of the time, this is the issue.

Last seen on 00:24, 27. Dec 2023
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I cleared the folder of…
Sat, 12/09/2023 - 01:19

I cleared the folder of cache, and it didn't seem to do anything. The music disc was still uncompilable and whatnot. Any music disc I add is broken. Is it maybe because I deleted the sound as the music disc had it in the sound setting?

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If the music disc is…
Sat, 12/09/2023 - 18:28

If the music disc is referencing a sound that no longer exists, or has the wrong registry name, that would also cause a compilation error. You may want to try reloading the sound file. And of course make sure it’s OGG format.