Small addon for a larger mod

Started by Doorman on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:53, 13. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Small addon for a larger mod
Fri, 12/08/2023 - 09:23 (edited)

Yo, is there any way to make an addon for a mod in 1.12.2 that uses parts from other mods? me and a friend are trying to make one but whenever we try it says that it either cant be found, there is a duplicate or crashes when attempting to create a world.

We have the deobfuscated version of the mod we are trying to use btw.

edit: If it helps at all, the mod we want to make an addon for is the 1.12.2 AHZ naruto mod. We are trying to do stuff such as change the chakra amount that the player has as well as other things.

Edited by Doorman on Fri, 12/08/2023 - 09:23
Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It's pretty tricky to do…
Fri, 12/08/2023 - 11:53

It's pretty tricky to do forks and stuff of other people's mods without help from the original creators, especially if the mod is from an older version, and especially if it wasn't originally created with MCreator. It's not impossible, but I'd recommend contacting the creators of the original, especially since you'll certainly want to get their permission before making a fork with substantial parts of their original mod.

Of course, if you're just trying to change smaller things like stats, it might just be easier to see if the mod has built in config options, or ask the creator about that. You probably don't need to make an entire fork just for minor tweaks like that. 

Last seen on 14:53, 13. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi, thx for the response, i…
Sun, 12/10/2023 - 14:17

Hi, thx for the response, i got it working a few days ago after after realizing I messed up like 2 lines in build.gradle xd