Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Texture Layering Options for Entities

I have started working with Mcreator about two days ago, and I've made a lot of progress in a mod I've been planning. Very easy to understand UI and many useful features. Overall streamlines the process pretty well. 

I have assets already made in Blockbench and such before I started implementing them through Mcreator, so I thought perhaps things would go smoothly, but I ran into my first limitation moments ago, of which it seems a bit surprising to me. At least I have not been able to find anything of it raking through the program and have seen others talk on the lack of such a feature.

Layering textures onto entities.

I use the Geckolib plugin, and it has its own texture replacement block, but not it nor the base features of Mcreator seem to have a function for layering textures onto another. A huge example being like horses in the base game.

Horses have a base coat, a secondary trait (White spots, splotches, socks, etc) Then you can put a saddle on it, AND armor. All of that being through texture layering. It would be insane to make manual textures for every combination, and for my mod, which will focus on rideable creatures with different base textures, tack, and armor, this seems to be a huge problem in my particular case. It also would open up a lot more possibilities for others if it were implemented.

I will attempt to find a way to do this through manual coding, though I am not proficient in it. I hope this will be added in time, as it seems to be one very overlooked feature. I would deeply appreciate its future inclusion, thank you!

Last seen on 16:52, 30. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh yeah I'm stupid and feel…
Sat, 12/09/2023 - 22:00

Oh yeah I'm stupid and feel like a huge idiot. Just saw the pre-release for 2023.4 this morning. For anyone else who didn't see that too, layers seems to be a thing in the pre-release. My deepest apologies.