Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Block "see the sky" doesn't work correctly

I have a dimension in which I want to remove certain blocks placed by the player. 

But when checked in the "see the sky" block it always returns false. 

How to fix it? 

Everything works without it, and I think it's mcreator's error.

Last seen on 20:37, 26. Jul 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm pretty sure the 'block…
Mon, 12/11/2023 - 12:39

I'm pretty sure the 'block is placed' trigger returns the position of the block you right clicked on to place, not the position of the new block. (It's the only reason why this wouldn't be working.) It would be checking if the block you placed it against is copper, and then it wouldn't be able to see the sky because the block at y+1 would be the block you just placed? 

Otherwise, I'm not totally sure. It's possible the sky function is broken for custom dimensions, but if so you could either do this based on the y value of the block, or by making your own sky function. (You would need a while loop with a local number variable that returns true if the variable plus the y position equals the build limit, false if the block at the variable plus the y position is solid, and adds one to the variable and does nothing if the block at the current position is air.) 

Last seen on 04:35, 2. Feb 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you for fast answer. I…
Mon, 12/11/2023 - 14:00

Thank you for fast answer. I was already convinced that “see the sky” DOES NOT work in this version of MCreator, so I implemented its functionality myself:

For this work, you need to create 2 variables:
i, check.