User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[SOLVED]how can I make the overworld generate flooded
Fri, 12/22/2023 - 19:52 (edited)

As the title states, I am wanting to create a mod or data pack that will change the overworld oceans to be much higher, possibly around Y 120 instead of 63.  I know that this will require custom code.  For reference, I have noticed that when you create a dimension, there is a value that you can change in the file to alter the sea level, and I am wondering if there would be a way for me to do something similar in the vanilla minecraft overworld, with it still being compatible with other mods.

Edited by Catnip on Fri, 12/22/2023 - 19:52
Last seen on 23:32, 16. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There is likely a way to do…
Mon, 12/18/2023 - 20:02

There is likely a way to do this, possibly with a datapack, but it would require some sort of custom code- I'm fairly certain there's a single 'sea level' property that can be altered on world generation, but I don't know firsthand how you would go about changing this manually. Might be worth looking into other terrain generation mods or datapacks to get an idea of how they accomplish this.

Last seen on 00:35, 17. May 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ok, thanks.  I ended up…
Fri, 12/22/2023 - 19:51

ok, thanks.  I ended up doing something similar to what you recommended, and it worked, although I don't fully understand what I did.