(Semi-Resolved?) - Unable to use the "Any Stone" option in custom crafting recipes.

Started by AquaticPlush on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 20:44, 28. Aug 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(Semi-Resolved?) - Unable to use the "Any Stone" option in custom crafting recipes.
Wed, 08/14/2024 - 18:41 (edited)

I only started using MCreator a couple of weeks ago, so I may just be doing something wrong here.
(Also new to this forum so sorry if this is the wrong section for this topic)

I tried to make a simple fabric(1.20.1) mod to add Andesite Diorite and Granite recipe variants to craft stone tools. I tried using the "Any Stone" option to simplify the process, but when I tested the mod the recipes didn't work at all (I tried every type of stone in the game and only the vanilla recipes worked.)

The other "Any" Item options (planks, wool, candles, saplings etc.) seem to work fine, just not stone.

Is this a know issue? Is my install of MCreator bugged? 
I just don't know what's going on here. Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Apologies if there are other posts about this. like I mentioned, I'm new here and am still learning my way around the forum.

Also, to cover my bases here is some version info:
MCreator version: 2023.3
Fabric Generator: 1.20.1 - 1.9.10 (2023.3)

Edited by AquaticPlush on Wed, 08/14/2024 - 18:41
Last seen on 16:31, 17. Jan 2024
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Having the same issue. Bump.
Thu, 01/11/2024 - 13:42

Having the same issue. Bump.

Last seen on 20:44, 28. Aug 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Super Late update: I still…
Wed, 08/14/2024 - 18:36

Super Late update:

I still don't know if there is a problem with the built in "Any Stone" group, but i found a workaround by adding a custom Item Tag of my own to my project: "more_stone", which includes variants like smooth stone, mossy cobble, andesite, diorite, granite, etc...

However, this also had me stumped for a while before i figured out the proper settings i needed to use.

Specifically when making the tag i needed to set the "Tag type" to "Items". 

Setting Tag type to "Blocks" (which i had done originally) tells the program this tag represents blocks placed in the game world. "Items" on the other hand represent "Itemstacks", as they appear in a player/entity's inventory, which includes stacks of blocks.

The little "help" tooltip next to Tag type even says:
"Blocks: only use the block type if you are targeting a block and not its item (these tags can not be used in recipes)"

SOOoo... yeah, that's on me. 🤦‍♂️

The moral of the story: Read the documentation... Twice.
The good people who made this program wrote this stuff down for a reason.

Link: How to Make a Tag

Also, when you make a custom tag, the proper formatted to use it is: tag_namespace:tag_registry_name "
(all lowercase, no spaces, separated in the middle by a colon : )

For me, i used the "mod" namespace, and named my tag "more_stone", which looks like this: " more_recipes:more_stone "

Last seen on 18:24, 14. Sep 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
FIX: A workaround that has…
Wed, 08/14/2024 - 20:54

FIX: A workaround that has even more functionality is using the forge:stone tag.