"Code Button" in my procedure is not showing up.

Started by Melon1363 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 02:07, 27. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"Code Button" in my procedure is not showing up.

I have a valid Java code that I would like to test, but I do not want to use the blocks in the procedure editor I have opened in one of the procedures in my workspace. I have caught wind of a "code editor" in which the user can write code there instead of the blocks, and I can't find the proper place for that, as there is no code button that allows me to do that. This is the latest unmodified version of MCreator. I am very new to all of this coding and software, so please excuse me if I am a little uneducated. I would like to paste a code into the code editor for one of my procedures so it can run off some of the unique items I created in my workspace and work in the game. Thanks!

You can use code block from…
Tue, 12/26/2023 - 12:13

You can use code block from the advanced tab from the procedures.

Or you can lock the code of the element and then edit it as a code.

I suggest you check our tutorials collection playlist on our YouTube channel which contains many examples and tutorials that can help you get started with MCreator: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAeL-oIFIEngE6jRgFYeFMfuj8WQsO3Ei

Last seen on 02:07, 27. Dec 2023
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There is no "lock button"…
Tue, 12/26/2023 - 15:45

There is no "lock button" either in the top right corner when editing the procedure. Right-clicking the procedure in the workspace, it says, "Lock/unlock mod element." When I do this, it locks it with a purple banner on top, but I don't know if I'm doing it right or where to go from there.

When I do this, it locks it…
Tue, 12/26/2023 - 17:53

When I do this, it locks it with a purple banner on top, but I don't know if I'm doing it right or where to go from there.

This is the correct process. Then click on the element again and code editor will open.

I really highly recommend checking some tutorials to understand MCreator before trying to advanced things like custom code and locking code