mod sculk blocks not generating in deep dark/ancient city

Started by Rubio on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:16, 21. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
mod sculk blocks not generating in deep dark/ancient city
Tue, 12/26/2023 - 17:18 (edited)

Ive been trying to make my sculk blocks in my mod generating in ancient city/deep dark but no matter what it just wont generate. Can someone help me fix this? im using mcreator 2023.3 minecraft version 1.20.1

Edited by Rubio on Tue, 12/26/2023 - 17:18
Last seen on 00:40, 1. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Getting anything to generate…
Wed, 12/27/2023 - 07:04

Getting anything to generate underground is very annoying; it's easy enough on the surface because you only need to worry about x and z, but underground you have to either turn your generation likelihood up to eleven, or start getting really creative with your generation conditions.

The basic idea is that, with a custom condition for a world feature, you can add arbitrary code that does whatever you want when a feature is placed. (I personally use this to generate needlessly complicated structures.) In your case, you could make a world feature that generates underground, searches in a vertical line for the nearest open cave, and then places blocks within a specified radius if they're exposed to air. (I assume this is the effect you're going for?) It's more complicated, but also much more efficient than just making a ton of copies of a feature just so it has a tiny chance of generating properly in a cave. 

I recommend looking into world features, and the 'place block in 6*6*6 box' procedure template, which can be modified a bit to place blocks in a radius like this, but I could also send pictures? How comfortable are you with MCreator?

Last seen on 14:05, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you could make a procedure…
Mon, 01/22/2024 - 16:58

you could make a procedure that runs whenever a block is placed, if that block is sculk, and there are no players within a 10-block radius, then give it a random chance to replace itself with your custom sculk block.

The player checking is to make the the sculk block was created by world generation, not by being placed by a player.

Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
thanks, im only not good at…
Fri, 04/19/2024 - 11:43

thanks, im only not good at procedures, so could you give me an example.

Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
nvm both doesnt work, ive…
Fri, 04/19/2024 - 13:14

nvm both doesnt work, ive tried alot of different conditions, spawning conditions nothing works im using mcreator 2023.3 btw