Ranged Item Event/target entity Procedure doesn't work when mob use it

Started by Violet on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 08:36, 4. Jan 2024
Joined Dec 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ranged Item Event/target entity Procedure doesn't work when mob use it

Using MCreator 2023.2, And English is not my language - so it might little weird.

Hi, I'm modding a custom creeper with potion effect.

I am trying to use Ranged Item for creeper's explode - Ranged Item with 0 power and using ranged item triggers to give potion effects to creeper.

And I noticed that procedure block Event/target entity doesn't work when mob use it. (other blocks working well, and if player use ranged item, all procedure works well)

Here's the procedure;

https://imgur.com/a/gptFBjj

Add potion blocks don't work(creeper doesn't have potion effects immunity - I tried to put despawn block in 'else' and still not working)

and creeper's Attack interval is 40 tick

so creeper just keep play SSSsss sound..

I planned to make other mobs with using ranged Item, so I want to use Event/target entity here. Am I doing something wrong? How can I use Event/target entity?

Last seen on 20:43, 20. Aug 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm not totally sure what…
Sun, 12/31/2023 - 01:41

I'm not totally sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you want to make a potion effect that makes entities explode on death? Your code should work then, you just need to use the 'entity dies' global trigger and check if the event/target entity has the potion effect.

If it's a ranged item, you may also be having some trouble targeting the correct entity. Keep in mind event/target entity is usually the entity being hit, source entity is the entity firing the projectile, and immedieate source entity is the projectile itself. (This can vary depending on the trigger you're using.)