User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Add Looting to Item-Dropping Procedures for Entities Tutorial
Fri, 01/19/2024 - 22:54 (edited)

I'm not sure who needs to see this, but I know I definitely would have liked to have known this when I started, as I had a lot of trouble trying to get Looting to affect loot tables. So if you want to use an item-dropping procedure instead of a loot table, this is what you have to do. 

Keep in mind that this is for if you want the mob to drop only one of your item with a higher chance when you use Looting. If you want it to have a chance drop multiple items with Looting, add another "Spawn item/gem" block underneath. I also used 2023.1 for this, but I don't see why this wouldn't work for other versions.

https://imgur.com/a/F7hCtMa

The very top part without the "Get level of enchantment" blocks is just an ordinary random chance item drop procedure, everything else after that is the chance with looting.

Replace "Stray" at the top with any mob you want. I mainly used this with vanilla mobs as trying to edit their loot table was very confusing for me.

Replace the number after "Random [0,1) <" with the chance you want and the number after "Item in main hand of Source Entity" with the level of Looting. In my example, the diamond normally has a 5% chance to drop, a 25% chance with Looting 1, a 45% chance with Looting 2, a 65% chance with Looting 3, and a 100% chance with Looting 255. I used 255 as a test, so if you don't want that then you can just delete that whole if/do block.

It is important that you specify that the Event/Target Entity is the entity you kill and the Source Entity is the Player who kills it.

Anyways, as a first time modder, I felt very triumphant that I figured this out on my own, so I felt the need to share it with anyone else who needs help. Happy Modding!

Edited by Wyrm on Fri, 01/19/2024 - 22:54
Last seen on 18:48, 4. Feb 2024
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This was really helpful. now…
Sun, 01/28/2024 - 15:58

This was really helpful. now i have a reference for any enchantment procedures for any future projects