A way to make nether structures that don't spawn on the roof.

Started by eagle_skull14 on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 20:19, 15. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
A way to make nether structures that don't spawn on the roof.

As the title says, I want to be able to make a structure that works in the nether. There is 0 good way to go and do this, other then long hours of time spent making the perfect feature, which doesn't even give all the code blocks I need. All custom structures that spawn in the nether just go onto the roof, which is never what I want. Please fix, or at least add a way to do this. Thanks!

Last seen on 02:21, 7. May 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You will probably have to…
Wed, 01/17/2024 - 14:52

You will probably have to use a world feature for this; but you can set a world feature to generate underground, and add conditions to check for air if you want it to generate in open areas. Honestly, world features are a lot more versatile than structures, they just (annoyingly) can't be located with commands. Is there something specific you need to do with it that isn't available in feature form?

Last seen on 17:12, 6. May 2024
Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Create an Ai-less Entity…
Wed, 01/17/2024 - 15:30

Create an Ai-less Entity that I exported into a Structure (so that You can still use the /locate Command), and make the Entity spawn the Structure inside the Nether after it died with a Procedure.
The Reason why I use Entity not Block, is because Block doesn't automatically Tick when Generated, but Entity Automatically Tick when Generated.

You can use World Feature if You don't want to do what I did, but You won't be able to use the Locate Command.

Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
...That's interesting. That…
Wed, 01/17/2024 - 18:38

...That's interesting. That is the one downside of a block based method, and I considered using entities before, but ultimately wanted blocks for building purposes in more complex structures. (Stuff with multiple corridors or furnishings placed by blocks.) ...But for the initial generation, that could be a lot more effective. Thanks for the tip.

Last seen on 17:12, 6. May 2024
Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It works really well for…
Thu, 01/18/2024 - 10:17

It works really well for Corridor or Multiple Part Structure too, however it might be a bit Tedious to Program it, since if You rotate the Structure, then the Offset has to be Different, for every Rotation.
I'll say that Furnishing (I'm assuming is Decoration Block), is the easiest, unless Your Deco Structure is really big, You don't have to overthink the Rotation that much than a Big Structure.

And Thanks! I might make a Tutorial after I discover all of the Possibilities using Entity ;)

Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
These are smart solutions…
Fri, 01/19/2024 - 22:03

These are smart solutions thanks so much pig and mind, and these can be useful but I wanted to make a structure that's large enough to be annoying to use with world features, but small enough that I don't want to go through the effort to make a whole mob. But these are smart and I 100% will use them in the future!

Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I did do some double…
Sat, 01/20/2024 - 15:48

I did do some double checking, and it is still possible to use world features with custom structure blocks and a procedure to tick them on generation. It just requires custom code now, (which is annoying), but easy enough if you've already gone that route and have backups.

And yeah, multi-part structures are great if you want to make something bigger than the 48*48*48 limit without immedieately crashing the game on loading. Also, (in response to the OP), there are ways you could use this entity or custom block method to still have a structure generate in open caves without having to have an absurdly high generation chance.

Essentially, you would make an empty structure generate on the nether ceiling, but then use the update trigger to run a procedure that recursively searches downwards for a cave. (It would essentially be a 'while' loop that checks if the block at x/y-sy/z is air, generates the structure there if it is, and otherwise sets sy to +1. With some added parameters built in to cut off if sy is too high, to not generate the structure in bedrock, etc.) It probably won't make much of a performance difference, but might be the better method.

Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That is smart! I'll try all…
Sun, 01/21/2024 - 18:02

That is smart! I'll try all of these ideas, and thanks so much Mind and Pigman!