Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ores Not Generating, 2023.4 UI is different than outdated tutorials

I just started to get into this program and already hit into a snag. I was trying to create an ore that would spawn in the world and carefully followed video tutorials as close as I could. But I've run into 2 main issues.

1. My UI is slightly different since I have the latest version and I guess the devs have decided to change it quite recently because literally every single guide I find, even ones uploaded in the las month do not have the exact same option and I guess either my version is wrong or nobody updates.
As shown here: https://imgur.com/a/xlfwiFq

2. Since I have a different UI, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've tried to the best of my abilities to fix this but no results. Please can somebody just explain what I'm doing wrong since this change is so recent I can't find any guides to help. Is this a new thing or is my software just bugged? I've even reinstalled it just to make sure but it seems this sudden change is just for my version, 2023.4

Last seen on 18:10, 24. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The only that's different in…
Tue, 01/16/2024 - 10:56

The only that's different in the GUI, is the Removal of Additional Generation Condition, and You don't really need that to Generate an Ore.
Can You tell Me what's Your Issue is? is it not generating? do You not understand what certain things do? or something else?

Last seen on 09:40, 29. Jan 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The ore isn't generating and…
Sun, 01/21/2024 - 18:01

The ore isn't generating and I don't know where to go to make it generate in this new UI

Last seen on 17:48, 18. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@TigerRed1298 I was having…
Wed, 02/07/2024 - 05:04

@TigerRed1298 I was having the same issue. The solution? You now have to create a feature (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiB8Zg4sF1w @ 2:16) for your ores. I don't know why the Generation tab under Block even still exists--its function seems to be deprecated.

Last seen on 18:55, 31. Mar 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@memebassador I dont think…
Mon, 03/25/2024 - 21:01

@memebassador I dont think that this "Generation" tab under the setting of a block is useless. I am also using the most recent version/ui to this day and I did not have to manually create feature for my ore to generate in my desired biomes and heights. The checkbox "Check to enable ore feature generation in the world" has a description text where it states: "... the element will generate worldgen feature in the world". So I think this is done automatically. 
Where I am actually not sure: If you need to enable the default "ore" feature for your custom biomes to work.