How to link MCreator to a Minecraft installation?

Started by allanonmage on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 20:50, 11. Feb 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to link MCreator to a Minecraft installation?

I just got started with MCreator yesterday, though I am a dev in other languages.  I can't figure out where to tell MCreator where my Minecraft installation is, or how to set up a new one.  I use MultiMC and PolyMC for launchers.  When I got to Tools, Open Java Edition Install Directory, there's a popup that says it can't find it.  I have been unable to find a setting, forum post, or YouTube video that explains where to set that variable.  Instead the keyword "link" poisons the search results, giving me info about the Arduino/Raspberry Pi stuff.  While that sounds interesting, I'm still in square zero, and will check that out later.

There is no need to link…
Mon, 01/22/2024 - 17:26

There is no need to link that as MCreator installs own "dev" version of Minecraft during workspace setup

I suggest you check our tutorials collection playlist on our YouTube channel which contains many examples and tutorials that can help you get started with MCreator: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAeL-oIFIEngE6jRgFYeFMfuj8WQsO3Ei

Last seen on 20:50, 11. Feb 2024
Joined Jan 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I found them on YouTube, but…
Sun, 02/11/2024 - 20:53

I found them on YouTube, but like I said, they skip the first 100 or so steps.  Would love to make use of their content, but I need to cross the void of the absolute basics of the software.  I'm a dev in other languages, but have no idea what's going on with this software.

And when I installed MCreator, it did not install minecraft for itself, so idk if that was an older version thing, or what.

The first few tutorials…
Mon, 02/12/2024 - 18:59

The first few tutorials should cover how to set it up.

MCreator does not need you to point to your version as it autoloads dev environment from Maven repositories using Minecraft Forge development system