User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Tools no longer mine [RESOLVED]
Sat, 02/03/2024 - 07:50 (edited)

I was making custom Pickaxes and then tried to test them when suddenly they didn't effect the blocks I was breaking. I then tested the vanilla Pickaxes to see that they had the same issue somehow! The same thing happened to axes and shovels, but not swords or hoes. All the tools affected would act like I was simply breaking a block with my fist rather than using the tool in my hand. This bug unfortunately makes the game nearly unplayable in survival mode.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: I'm willing to share a copy of my workspace if needed

Edited by Withie The Cryptid on Sat, 02/03/2024 - 07:50
Last seen on 18:52, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Klemen I deleted all the…
Wed, 01/31/2024 - 20:01

@Klemen

I deleted all the procedures I made when the bug first appeared, and also deleted the new pickaxes I made, but none of that worked and tools are still broken.

Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Klemen I tried that and it…
Fri, 02/02/2024 - 05:05

@Klemen

I tried that and it still didn't work. Should I share a copy of the workspace?

Possibly, but make minimal…
Fri, 02/02/2024 - 17:56

Possibly, but make minimal workspace that shows this problem, not your full workspace

Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Klemen How would I do that?…
Fri, 02/02/2024 - 19:28

@Klemen

How would I do that? I don't know what the issue is, where it is, or when it first appeared, so I have no idea which mod element caused the issue. And if I just went and repeatedly deleted a ton of different elements and then reload a backup to figure out what was causing the problem through trial and error, then I wouldn't even need to share my workspace because I would've found what's causing the problem. 

Joined Nov 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
OK, after doing what I said…
Sat, 02/03/2024 - 07:50

OK, after doing what I said in the last reply and deleting and restoring multiple elements over and over again, through trial and error I was able to find the element that's causing the issue. It's apparently a plant? I made a custom mushroom called a Grimcap and that was apparently causing the problems for some reason. It isn't even any procedures or crafting recipes related to the plant because I tried completely isolating it from being involved with any other mod elements, and it still didn't work unless I deleted the Grimcap itself. I'm glad that it wasn't a mod element that I couldn't live without, but it's still really weird that the element causing the issue was a plant.