Deadbush on sand bock

Started by SupahDupahAd on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:57, 10. Mar 2024
Joined Apr 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Deadbush on sand bock

I've created a block like sand and i want dead bushes to spawn on it however they dont. Is there anyway to fix this? :/ 

Last seen on 02:33, 27. Apr 2024
Joined May 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There might be a tag for it…
Mon, 02/12/2024 - 12:17

There might be a tag for it. If not, you may be able to manually override the world feature to accept your custom block as a valid placement. (To be clear, dead bushes can be placed on the block by players, but you're trying to get it to naturally generate there?)

To override the world feature, you would need to add a 'minecraft' folder alongside your mod folder in your workspace, (workspace/src/main/data), and then copy the world feature data structure. (You can refer to MCAsset to get an idea of how this works. It'd be something like minecraft/data/minecraft/worldgen.) The basic idea is if you copy the file format and naming exactly, your mod will load first and override the vanilla world feature of the same name.

I'm pretty sure you would need to override either the configured feature or placed feature of the dead bush to get it to spawn on a modded block if it's hard coded and not a tag. (Not sure exactly where or which, but that's the gist of it.)

If you mean feature where…
Mon, 02/12/2024 - 18:27

If you mean feature where deadbushes can potentially spawn on later, also make sure to use generation step that happens before vegetal decorations