User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Lean into Bedrock Modding with new API
Thu, 02/22/2024 - 04:36 (edited)

It's no secret that MCreator does not have the best reputation for mod quality. Nothing can be done; Java code is dynamic and difficult to create well with checkboxes. Bedrock edition, however, works entirely in JSON, which is much more structured and can be used well with checkboxes and simple toggles. Recently, Bedrock added an Add-on API that supports adding new elements entirely in JSON (see Getting Started With Minecraft Add-Ons | Microsoft Learn). I think MCreator would greatly benefit from rebranding to (or at least emphasizing support for) Bedrock Add-ons that add as much as mods can but with much better-made code. Thanks for your time.

Edited by yaboytommy123 on Thu, 02/22/2024 - 04:36
Last seen on 06:02, 14. Apr 2024
Joined Jun 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
TLDR for the article, all of…
Wed, 02/21/2024 - 02:14

TLDR for the article, all of this is configurable via addon now:

Last seen on 04:20, 21. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I need to add mcreator…
Wed, 02/21/2024 - 04:20

I need to add mcreator developers, but i know it's limited time and open code, so it's all from people who want to contribute.

Joined Jun 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
After reviewing the current…
Thu, 02/22/2024 - 04:35

After reviewing the current implementation of MCreator, I've seen that the coding quality has improved tremendously since I used the service. Because of this, my remark above about MCreator's code quality is now invalid. I think MCreator should still support Java mod generation, but also lean into fully supporting the Bedrock API, especially since sites like Modrinth plan to support Addons soon.

The problem with Bedrock is…
Sat, 03/30/2024 - 19:06

The problem with Bedrock is addons don't support as many thkngs as Java mods currently. It's quite limited (sadly) :/

Joined Jun 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Not really. The new addon…
Sat, 03/30/2024 - 19:35

Not really. The new addon API is very comprehensive, and they have a Javascript API for events. Some procedure blocks may be limited, but most things from the menu (like item properties) are set via JSON, so MCreator would be much better at making them. You can take a look at the docs here: Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Creator Documentation | Microsoft Learn or look at the addons currently available on the marketplace, a lot of which resemble MCreator mods made in Java.