Import Images into Texture Layers [SOLUTION FOUND]

Started by KingOfTheVolt on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:05, 28. Feb 2024
Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Import Images into Texture Layers [SOLUTION FOUND]
Sat, 02/24/2024 - 19:54 (edited)

Imagine im trying to make redstone ore that generates in end stone. I erase the stone part of the ore, and I am now left with only the little red things. How do I put the end stone texture behind the red things to make it look like an ore? I want to just import the end stone texture into the layer but I can't figure out how to do that.

Solution: I used an external image editor. For anybody having the same issue, first delete all the background bits, then press the "Export Selection" on the texture in your workspace. Grab the other texture for the other layer (end stone in my case), and shove it into an image editor (I used paint 3D). Then, paste the exported top layer image on top in the editor, exprort the image, and put it into MCreator.

Edited by KingOfTheVolt on Sat, 02/24/2024 - 19:54
Last seen on 01:05, 28. Feb 2024
Joined Dec 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I found a solution, I used…
Sat, 02/24/2024 - 19:54

I found a solution, I used an external image editor. For anybody having the same issue, first delete all the background bits, then press the "Export Selection" on the texture in your workspace. Grab the other texture for the other layer (end stone in my case), and shove it into an image editor (I used paint 3D). Then, paste the exported top layer image on top in the editor, exprort the image, and put it into MCreator.