translucent custom model not working

Started by deachuu on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 11:08, 10. Mar 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
translucent custom model not working

hello im trying to make a 'stain' block that acts like a carpet, for example if the player were to drop a bucket of milk. i made a 16x1x16 block in blockbench, put a spilled milk texture with transparent sides.. imported the textures, block model in mcreate, set the transparency type to translucent.. (btw the check this box if your block has transparent parts setting i can only check it once and now its greyed out, but checked).. but when i go and try the block in game its just a missing texture full block. only the bounding box works. i don't know what to do anymore

also: is there a way to get the stain's step sound while its 1px tall (not walkthrough) ? or even better get the step noise with walk through enabled

Last seen on 11:08, 10. Mar 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
just noticed something about…
Sat, 03/09/2024 - 12:22

just noticed something about 'empty visual bounding box' in the greyed out checked transparent setting, could that be it thats missing? i don't know what that is

Last seen on 01:44, 26. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Under the Visual tab, there…
Mon, 03/11/2024 - 02:53

Under the Visual tab, there should be a "transparency" box. Check your block having transparent parts and set your desired transparency type.