I want to make a mod that have longer items, how can i do that?

Started by Isaias Aguirre on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 04:19, 9. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I want to make a mod that have longer items, how can i do that?

I have an idea for a mod.

is not original, since other mods have something sinilar, but i want to do my version of it and i don't know how.

the thing is this, i want to add weapons for my mod, i'm gonna give an example: Diamond shortsword, sword and longsword

This items will have different sizes when held by the player, the shortsword is gonna have a 16x16 texture and be the same size as the minecraft vanilla sword, but the next tier of sword is gonna have a 24x24 texture size and is gonna be longer than the shortsword.

the thing i want to know is... how can i do this?

Not only the sizes of the item itself to be longer than the usual minecraft tool, but some of the weapons are gonna be held from a certain point of the tool, for example the greatsword is gonna have a more longer hilt and it need to be held closer to the guard, or the javelin has to held from the middle of the pole.

is there a way to do this?

Last seen on 17:16, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you can use blockbench to…
Mon, 03/11/2024 - 17:50

you can use blockbench to model the item, with the size you want, then export the texture an the model and import it on mcreator, you can watch a youtube tutorial on youtube of how to use blockbench and import the models on mcreator, its very easy.

Last seen on 04:33, 27. Apr 2024
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Alternatively, you can use…
Thu, 03/21/2024 - 21:09

Alternatively, you can use the solution I used here to upscale 16x16 format to 32x32 in this post I made here.

https://mcreator.net/comment/245776#comment-245776

You will have to create the texture of the item (make sure the texture size is 32x32) and then after modifying the item to your liking (damage values, enchantability, procedures, etc.) lock the code for the item. Once you have done that, modify the .json file of it and replace everything there with the pastebin text in my comment.

Make sure to replace "descension:item/wooden_battleaxe" with whatever your mod name is and the item name you are modifying.