Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.

Started by floofimations on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:58, 23. Mar 2024
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:

im using the terrablender plugin so i can replace some vanilla biomes with my own. after following the tutorial, everything was fine. then i tried lowering the biome weight on the overworld regions, and it gave me an error. even after undoing that, which would bring it back to the way it was before when it was working, i still get this error

> Task :compileJava FAILED
C:\Users\[my name]\MCreatorWorkspaces\heatindex\src\main\java\net\mcreator\heatindex\procedures\OverworldRegionProcedure.java:27: error: cannot find symbol builder.replaceBiome(Biomes.PLAINS, ResourceKey.create(Registry.BIOME_REGISTRY, HeatindexModBiomes.CHARREDPLAINS.getId()));
^
symbol: variable CHARREDPLAINS
1 error
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.
* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
BUILD FAILED in 2s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

im using 2022.3. i know that this version is outdated but terrablender only exists in that version and there is no other way to replace vanilla biomes other than learning java or giving up entirely. another thing i should mention is that when installing 2022.3, i was downgrading from the current version. during that, a bunch of pop ups appeared saying things couldnt install, and i clicked ignore for like 30 things before it was done. im now feeling like doing that is whats causing this, but if this version is broken completely then that means replacing biomes is impossible (unless i learn java and i refuse to do that). please share any info you think could help me. thank you.