Advanced Question on block detection procedures

Started by nilek20 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:02, 28. Apr 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Advanced Question on block detection procedures

I am making a multi block machine where you build a 7x7 frame (i will call these the Frame block for simplicity) of one type of block. Then on the middle of one of the sides of the frame you place a different block (i will cal this block the Controller for simplicity). when you place the Controller i want it to perform a check to see if all the blocks in the locations of the frame are Frame blocks. Right now when i do the check the procedure gets the X, Y ,and Z directions from the world and not the Controller. This is a problem as it limits the direction you can build the multi block frame to one direction when i want it to be rotatable on the Y axis.

Regarding the above, my questions is how do i check the location of blocks in relation to the Controller block and the direction the Controller block is facing.

Last seen on 14:13, 29. Apr 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I know that there is a…
Sun, 04/07/2024 - 00:35

I know that there is a possible option with a large procedure, where you could create 4 if blocks to check the direction, then have 4 different variants of your current procedure(1 for each if block) based on what direction the controller is facing.

This will work, but it's long and complicated, so there might be a better solution.