Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
2024.1 - Cannot find symbol

Hello, I'm currently facing an issue with a project made in the previous version and updated on the 2024 one, with Geckolib also updated to the 2024 version. 

It seem that MCreator can't reconize some code anymore, even if it's the right one, no mistake, no spelling error.. Here is the pastebin : https://pastebin.com/2DLtqDvG

After some quick test, i did notice that, for the majorities, it was the element sing a custom model that were showing error, and switching to the built-in "Default" model was fixing it. I then created a new workspace and recreated the exact same kind of element with the exact same model and no issue this time... I do hope that my workspace is not corrupted 

Last seen on 15:41, 30. Apr 2024
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
UPDATE : I notice it was for…
Sat, 04/13/2024 - 21:01

UPDATE : I notice it was for absolutly all my elements, but by searching through Java code, i realize that the line
"import net.minecraft.world.level.Level;" was missing for all of them, i'm currently fixing it by hand and i might need to add other kind of import lines.

Will keep this post updated

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It work until the code get…
Sat, 04/13/2024 - 21:06

It work until the code get regenerated... it get overwrite

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I somehow fixed it by…
Sun, 04/14/2024 - 14:09

I somehow fixed it by comparating the files off the project with a new one, it seem that deleting .classpath and .project fixed the issue without destroying the project, can work on it now, adding and modifing elementswithout any issue

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
wow we both send a message…
Sun, 04/14/2024 - 14:14

wow we both send a message at the same time, i editing the code of elements without locking the element and it seemed to work until i receive a warning that asked me to regenerate the code.

But as you can see above, i manage to fixe it by deleting some files that were maybe obsolete (i still have back ups of the project before i delete files if you want to take a look)