How to make particles move, similar to shock waves generated by explosions?

Started by jisave on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 04:39, 11. May 2024
Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make particles move, similar to shock waves generated by explosions?

Thank you very much for the tutorial in this post,[TUTORIAL] Summoning particles in a circle shape (with template procedure) | MCreator, which taught me how to create circular or even circular particle effects. But my module requires more dynamic particle effects, just like a big explosion generating shock waves (what I mean is that the particles will first appear as a ring/circle, and then this ring/circle composed of particles will slowly spread outward from the center of the explosion).

Now I know the key lies in the "motion vector" and it requires some knowledge of functions, but I don't know how to use it properly:<
Sorry, English is not my native language. Did I explain it clearly?

Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sorry, that's not the …
Wed, 05/08/2024 - 19:40

Sorry, that's not the "motion vector", but the vector vx, vy, vz related to particle movement

Joined Jun 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Okay, after my calculations,…
Thu, 05/09/2024 - 08:08

Okay, after my calculations, I have figured it out. 

In case anyone encounters the same problem, I hope you can do a simple subtraction calculation like me: to calculate the vector between two points (only considering the x-axis and z-axis here), such as vector AB, just subtract point A (xa, za) from point B (xb, zb). This is the particle vector we need😊