Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Dimension Properties Incomplete

Like the title suggests, I think the properties of the dimension type element are incomplete. There are a lot of things you can set, like what type of sky a dimension has, the terrain settings, or the fog settings, but I think it's still somewhat incomplete.

The reason I say this is that, for example, it's still not possible to lock the time of day in a dimension to a specific time, even though that's just a single line of text in the JSON file. Another setting I found is that you cannot edit how bright the ambient lighting is, and only whether it exists completely, not not at all, which is also a single line of code. The way it works in the element is that you can only tick it, but I suggest changing that to a number value box, since the input value allows values like 0.1.

It's just a smaller suggestion I think would enable more people without coding knowledge to do higher quality dimensions. It's also the only thing in CEMM that causes exactly one element to have to be locked. Otherwise, the entire mod is made purely with native elements, and it would be nice to see it transition to that fully, such that I can claim no custom code had to be written, because I think that would be a great example to showcase MCreator's full potential.