Would there be a way to create to make villager expander their villages when you sell items to them?

Started by Chemistry101 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:11, 21. Jun 2024
Joined May 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Would there be a way to create to make villager expander their villages when you sell items to them?

A future idea I had was to make a mod where when you trade things to villagers when they have acquired enough needed items they will build structures based on the needs of the village. For example, if a village needed more beds so as to provide more housing, when you sold wood, stone or other materials to the villagers when they acquired sufficient resources they would go out and build a new house, if they needed more stone they would build a quarry, if they needed lumber they would build a woodcutter cottage, if they needed food they would build a farm. I am guessing I would want the mod to check if there are available beds beyond a certain number, If there were fewer available beds than a certain number and enough materials and emeralds for the house the builder villager would go out and build a new house. I would also like to create a merchant villager who travels to other villages. within a 1000-block radius where he will take excess goods from one village and bring it to another. I would assume that I would need to have the merchant check the area within 1000 blocks for villages with marketplaces to trade with. I would assume I could also have ports to do a similar thing over the water and maybe have triremes, Fluyts, tankers spawn in open water so it appears that merchants are traveling back and forth with goods. Maybe in the future I could add star freighters or interdimensional freighters that would do a similar thing.