Unable to generate ore in overworld

Started by elkillo on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:40, 23. Jun 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Unable to generate ore in overworld

I am having issues spawning custom ore in 2024 version of Mcreator, the ore is set to replace any stone, and gravel. is restricted to the overworld using tag "is_overworld"

uniform generation shape, with amount per chunk is 16 and group is 7. this is similar to Copper ore which appears to spawn in abundance. the generation height is set to -16 min and 112 max, once again based off of copper. 

anything i may have missed? I have used xray to see if it did and i missed it but with copper still spawning everywhere i figured the custom ore would do the same. it does appear in game so at least that is done right. 

thanks in advance!

Last seen on 18:42, 27. Jun 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What did you use for xray,…
Sat, 06/22/2024 - 21:33

What did you use for xray, it could be that some xray mods/texture packs wouldn't recognize your ore.

Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I uses ultimate Xray and one…
Sat, 06/22/2024 - 22:25

I uses ultimate Xray and one just called xray texture plus a mod called advanced Xray. it only filters out stone and others like diorite and granite. 

Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So for troubleshooting…
Sun, 06/23/2024 - 12:49

So for troubleshooting purposes i rebuilt my gradle and regenerated the code and now it appears to be spawning. Its odd as it was not giving me any errors. well situation resolved.