Game crashing or freezing on loading screen when using a custom model from blockbench

Started by peecee on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 00:47, 11. Oct 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Game crashing or freezing on loading screen when using a custom model from blockbench

I am a coding teacher for young kiddos from ages 8-18, and a lot of them use MCreator to be introduced to programming and game development. A lot of them wish to make a living entity a lot of the time and we were able to a while back perfectly fine until 2024.1 came around. When exporting a model from blockbench as a java file and setting it as an entity's model in MCreator, it will either crash or freeze in the red NeoForge loading screen. 

Upon looking further into the crash reports, it seems that the problem always has to do with said living entity, but more specifically, the actual crash has to do with a folder being a child of another folder in the outliner in Blockbench. This is incredibly frustrating for both me and my kiddos since we have to unparent every folder and make them be on their own, and this naturally causes more complex model animations to not work, and is overall a hassle. 

I was hoping this would be fixed with the new 2024.2 release but no fix yet. I have tried this on several computers and my personal computer, which likely means this is an issue on MCreator's part. 

I am very surprised there arent any more reports of this happening on the forum or the internet at all except 1 or 2 people. Is there any work around or fix to this AT ALL? Is it incredibly frustrating and its something neither me or my kiddos should have to do every time.

Last seen on 17:20, 17. Oct 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've come across this…
Sun, 07/14/2024 - 23:51

I've come across this problem too some time ago, It seems like there isn't a way to fix it, the only thing I can suggest you Is to use the GeckoLib plugin in both blockbench and MCreator and use GeckoLib entities instead of regular ones, with GeckoLib entities you can have a folder inside another folder and do Amazing animations, but your mod, once finished, Will need the mod GeckoLib to work

Last seen on 16:10, 3. Oct 2024
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I actually only started to…
Tue, 09/10/2024 - 21:05

I actually only started to encounter this bug when I started using GeckoLib. Any idea what to do about that, or why that might be happening?

Last seen on 17:20, 17. Oct 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
that is strange, It always…
Thu, 09/12/2024 - 18:01

that is strange, It always worked for me with Geckolib, maybe you're doing something else wrong,  like giving invalid names to the elements in blockbench or to the model itself