How can I make it so that when I step on stone bricks, they have a chance to turn into cracked stone bricks

Started by JakobLS on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 03:09, 18. Aug 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How can I make it so that when I step on stone bricks, they have a chance to turn into cracked stone bricks

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how I could make it so that when I step on stone bricks, They have a chance to turn into cracked stone bricks. I have tried just having a global procedure where I use the "on player tick update" trigger and have it check if the block below the player is a stone brick and if so to change it into cracked stone bricks, which works but only sometimes. I don't really know how to explain it but it has something to do with the player tick update trigger where it only ticks when the player does specific things. Like if I am just walking on top of stone bricks nothing happens but if I sprint jump then it does break. I have no idea why it does this but I would greatly appreciate it if someone found a way to fix this or find another way I can go about doing what I am trying to do. I have also considered just making a clone of stone bricks but I couldn't find a way to replace stone bricks that generate in vanilla structures. I could just cut my losses and have it where vanilla structures just have normal stone bricks and any crafted or placed stone bricks became the copy but I would really prefer not to have to do that.asdasd
Here is a screenshot of the procedure I am currently using where, as described before, it works only when I do specific things like sprint jumping. And if your wondering about the "is provided world client-side = false" block, I implemented that because without it, it would show as if all the stone bricks where cracking just like how I want, but then when you leave and rejoin, none of the bricks are actually broken and where only appearing to be, client-side. With said block enabled, it only cracks the bricks when they are actually being cracked and not just client side.

Thank you so much if you are able to help me in anyway!

Last seen on 21:38, 4. Sep 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think that the only way to…
Mon, 07/22/2024 - 00:07

I think that the only way to fix that is to remove the part where it checks x and z delta movement, that's what causes both bugs