User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Gradle in MCreator doesn't work
Tue, 07/30/2024 - 12:07 (edited)

I installed the MCreator update to version 2024.2 and after a while the program stopped working properly. The mod elements are not saved when I click on "Save mod element". After that, the Gradle task simply does not run. Also, I cannot start the client inside MCreator. I tried regenerating code but that didn't help. I also tried deleting the Gradle cache, which also didn't give any results. After installing the update, I didn't do anything in the workspace.PLS HELP 

Edited by Default user on Tue, 07/30/2024 - 12:07
Last seen on 09:44, 3. Sep 2024
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey,I have the exact same…
Wed, 07/31/2024 - 18:50

Hey,

I have the exact same problem (also posted yesterday):
https://mcreator.net/forum/108939/console-stays-empty-when-creating-new-mod-element

But I can still start the client (the only difference). I listed all solutions that I tried on my post (none worked).
I can't work on my mod anymore due to this problem.
I wish I could help...

Last seen on 12:23, 14. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
At the moment, I haven’t…
Thu, 08/01/2024 - 06:54

At the moment, I haven’t found any solution either. I have a hypothesis that this problem can be solved if you transfer the files of this workspace to another empty workspace (I already lost one of my mods this way and realized that this error is tied specifically to the workspace ) but for some reason, when transferring, only the textures of the mod are transferred. I don’t know if it’s possible to transfer elements this way

Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I will try using my backup…
Thu, 08/01/2024 - 14:37

I will try using my backup that I made not long ago (the day before actually). I might have to redo some work, but it might solve the issue if it is related to the workspace.

But I still hope there is a different solution or fix from the devs.

Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Small update:Loading the…
Thu, 08/01/2024 - 20:15

Small update:
Loading the backup also didn't solve the problem (it worked before changing to 2024.2 (for 1 day))

Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@ShadowzWalker  I found a…
Fri, 08/02/2024 - 07:56

@ShadowzWalker 

I found a backup, which apparently the mcreator automatically saves in the ".mcreator" folder of the workspace. I rolled back to version 2023.4, and gradle started working, but another problem appeared: For some reason, the elements of the mod that worked before stopped compiling with code. I deleted these elements, however the program still complains. In the console, files in the init folder were highlighted with the inscription “Cannot find a symbol”. On the forum it was said to do something with Java models, although I don’t have any. I assume that the backup files are somehow damaged.IDK how to fix it

Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Default User When I create…
Sat, 08/03/2024 - 01:04

@Default User

When I create a new item/block and lock it, I can look at the code. So the code itself seems to be there, but somehow it does not get added to the mod itself. It is not visible in the game.

I also tested other workspaces, and they all have the same problem. So it is hard to believe that my workspace is the problem. Something isn't right in the code of MCreator itself (or something is blocking it... but yeah).

Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The problem seems to be in…
Sat, 08/03/2024 - 10:19

The problem seems to be in version 2024.2 itself, because when I loaded the workspace of my other mod, which I had not yet run on this version, everything worked fine.

Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@Default user Yeah. I went…
Sat, 08/03/2024 - 20:11

@Default user

Yeah. I went back to 2023.4, and it started working again. I might update it to 2024.1 and see what happens. I need the feature of using jigsaw blocks. However, when I first tried, I got an error saying 'Features that are not present or supported by the current generator/plugins combination' which I did not encounter when upgrading to 2024.2. It did not let me open the workspace. I will try again.