1_ problem with texture slightly expanded; 2_default shield model parameters?

Started by nl_nl_n on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:30, 3. Sep 2024
Joined Oct 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1_ problem with texture slightly expanded; 2_default shield model parameters?

Hi again.

►► The first thing: I was able to get the shield model (thanks bo_bo) and imported it into mcreator without any problems, but the texture is slightly expanded, as shown in the gif.
I was looking for someone who had this problem and I couldn't find it anywhere, so I think I did something wrong.

(in the gif I'm switching between the standard shield and my replica, mine is the one that looks slightly expanded)

asd

Some additional details that may be useful:
* I verified that the pixels are whole in blockbench and everything is correct.
* In the game, all the pixels are on all the faces of the model.
* When I put the textures in blockbench, I dragged the texture file and painted the faces of the model that way, so I imagine the hidden face of the ring is without texture.

►► The second thing: I was able to replicate the parameters of the third-person model by aligning it with the pixel grid on the arm, but I'm having a hard time replicating the parameters for the first-person in the idle position, and for both perspectives in the holding model. I'm using alt-tabbing with a screenshot for the first-person view and I'm approximating through trial and error for the third-person view, which is a bit of a pain.

Does anyone happen to know the standard shield parameters? I'll get them eventually, but it would save me a lot of time and effort if someone already has them.

Thanks in advance

Last seen on 13:30, 3. Sep 2024
Joined Oct 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, I solved the texture…
Mon, 08/05/2024 - 09:41

Well, I solved the texture problem and found the parameters, although I had to make a new model and they are not the same parameters as a standard shield.
On the other hand, I'm going to forget about this mod. A little while ago I realized that I can't put banners on the shields. The main reason for using the standard model was so that they would look good with the banners.