User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[SOLVED] Creative tabs broke my entire workspace
Mon, 08/19/2024 - 18:33 (edited)

I downloaded the new update and imported a mod, and for a while there were no issues. At one point I decided to add some new creative tabs for my custom items, and things quickly went downhill. Right off the bat, all of the tabs' names showed up in-game as their id, not the name I'd set (e.g. "beyond:manufacturing" (mod id is "beyond")). To make matters worse, every item I created after making the bugged tags wouldn't show up in the creative inventory at all.

I had some pre-existing creative tabs from before the update, and I had deleted some of them to replace with new ones, so I figured it must be some kind of bug where I accidentally left a now deleted creative tab assigned to an item or something. To solve the bug, I deleted all custom creative tabs, then manually went through every item and block and cleared them of all their assigned tabs (even vanilla ones). I ran the game again, but all of the tabs from earlier still existed, and all of the items I had previously organized into the bugged tabs were still there.

At this point it was clear that the game had locked these tabs as they were, preventing me from adding or removing any items from them. Unsure how to solve the bug, I tried regenerating the code. It told me that some elements hadn't compiled correctly (or something along those lines), but when I used the filter to check for elements with errors, none showed up. Every subsequent time I've regenerated the code it has said the same thing. I can't run the game either, and restarting MCreator doesn't do anything. Is this a bug with the new update? Will I just have to wait until it gets patched? Please help :(

SMALL UPDATE: Trying to run the debugger results in another error message and an infinite connecting screen

Edited by LemmingsAndSuch on Mon, 08/19/2024 - 18:33
Last seen on 07:37, 25. Aug 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have absolutely no idea…
Sun, 08/18/2024 - 18:16

I have absolutely no idea what this bug is. Very confusing, and I hope you find a fix soon!

Last seen on 13:33, 12. Sep 2024
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh my gosh–thank you for…
Mon, 08/19/2024 - 18:33

Oh my gosh–thank you for trying to help but it was just a dumb mistake

I thought I'd gotten everything but there a lot of elements I had to go through and it turns out missed one

One of them was still assigned to a bugged creative tab

I fixed it, it runs again (finally)

(also I'm using the latest version just to clear that up)