Workspace Build Failed (PC, Could not resolve dependency: de.oceanlabs.mcp:mcp_config:1.20.1-20230612.114412@zip)

Started by bleuberryyy on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 22:34, 9. Sep 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Workspace Build Failed (PC, Could not resolve dependency: de.oceanlabs.mcp:mcp_config:1.20.1-20230612.114412@zip)

I've been working on the same mod for about 5 days straight, and now, regardless of the mod I attempt to load (backups included), the below error log pops up whenever I attempt to build the workspace. It's halted my progress and I couldn't find anyone else with the same issue on these forums. Thanks for taking a look <3

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project 'bleu'.
> Could not resolve dependency: de.oceanlabs.mcp:mcp_config:1.20.1-20230612.114412@zip
* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
> Get more help at https://help.gradle.org.
BUILD FAILED in 2s

BUILD FAILED
Task completed in 2 seconds

Last seen on 22:31, 9. Sep 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have this exact same issue…
Mon, 08/26/2024 - 05:02

I have this exact same issue and it started occurring right after I changed the registry name of an enchantment I made.

Last seen on 22:34, 9. Sep 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I did try both the most…
Wed, 08/28/2024 - 01:10

I did try both the most common and second most common solutions multiple times and both did not work; I did resolve the issue, however. 

I specifically had to let MCreator delete the entire gradle file (rather than deleting it manually from the folders, that didn't work), then I had to load a backup of my project since whatever broke the gradle before corrupted the entire project (regenerating the code did nothing, for some reason). I also specifically had to shut down then boot my pc, rather than just clicking 'restart', though I'm unsure if that mattered. The prompt to delete the entire gradle folder only showed up after I shut down/booted my pc, though again I'm unsure of if that mattered or if there's a way to delete the gradle from within the program manually without fishing for the pop-up.

I hope this helps other people with finding the solution for themselves, though if you didn't make a back-up I don't know if your project is recoverable.