Looking to change an existing mod's (Create's) features and make them more early-game friendly

Started by dolphinemulator1 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:51, 29. Aug 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Looking to change an existing mod's (Create's) features and make them more early-game friendly

Hello everyone, I'm on the quest of making my own modpack to publish to Curseforge/FTBLauncher! I'm making a create pack and my goal is to make it much more friendly for the early game, most notably by making a weaker version of the Blaze Burner that uses things found in the overworld. I was wondering if anyone here knew how I might go about it? The idea i had was to have it be the same recipe to the normal burner except instead of netherack it was something along the lines of "artificial netherack" and it would cost two gold nuggets and 2 cobbled deepslate for one piece, and the burner would use fuels twice as fast as a regular burner requiring you to fuel it much more often and thus not making the regular burner obsolete. Worst case, if I can't do that, I figure I could just make an overworld brass ore which would be less fun but could still work. Thanks in advance!