Custom armor texture and model

Started by saico on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:09, 15. Sep 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom armor texture and model

i looked a lot of topics here about the same thing and i cant make it work, im trying to make an armor with custom model, this is the armor (https://pin.it/1ijYY8PSW), the thing is the armor layer texture that i cant make it work, maybe i write the things bad but idk how to describe it

Last seen on 10:29, 12. Sep 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If the problem is that you…
Mon, 09/02/2024 - 22:03

If the problem is that you can't add that texture, it's because you can't add that image, literally. Either you create a default armor or you have to add pieces, helmet, chest, etc. You can use a program or create the texture directly in mcreator, it depends on what you want to do.

Last seen on 16:04, 16. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Dont really know what you…
Mon, 09/09/2024 - 23:52

Dont really know what you mean, but create the model and seperate it into groups, eg head, body, leftplate, rightplate, leftleg, rightleg. Then import the model and texture file for the armour. For the armour layer texture you can just use 2 empty textures, they probably have to be the same dimensions as the default armour textures. Then use that model when making the armour in mcreator through the advanced properties of each armour piece, select the group eg head group for the helmet etc. Also make sure the pivot points are in the correct places to make sure the animation and placement on the player is right.