dimension with more than one biome

Started by ini on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 10:29, 12. Sep 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
dimension with more than one biome

I created a dimension that has two biomes, but it seems that it only generates one biome, no matter how much I explore I only find a single biome, when I change the order of the biomes in properties and biomes of this dimension it changes the biome that appears. I even changed the weirdness of the biomes and it seems that only the biome with the highest percentage appears (even though with the same percentage the same thing happens). Could someone tell me how to solve it? I use version 2024.1 of mcreator, thanks

Last seen on 01:36, 16. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If your using end type…
Tue, 09/10/2024 - 00:00

If your using end type dimension, then only erosion matters for the biome. Each island will have a higher erosion the more inland you are so the void will have -1 and the peak of an island will have 1, ish. For the overworld or nether you could use Misode to test biome generation, it works for the overworld idk about nether generation though. To do complex end biome generation you would need to code it.

Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i'm using an overworld based…
Tue, 09/10/2024 - 17:28

i'm using an overworld based dimension, however nao i can do sois biomes have the same size, like half the world a biome and the other half the other biome. one is larger and the other so a small circle in the middle of the other biome

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Use Misode https://misode…
Wed, 09/11/2024 - 02:47

Use Misode https://misode.github.io/dimension/?version=1.21 and either open the dimensions json file and copy the code into Misode, or input the biome values manually. Then you can tweak the values for the temperature, humidity, continentalness etc to get the desired biome generation. After that just input the values into the biomes settings.

Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So I copy and paste this…
Thu, 09/12/2024 - 10:24

So I copy and paste this code and modify it?? and it works even if it's not the mod version?

Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You dont actually need to…
Thu, 09/12/2024 - 14:04

You dont actually need to copy and code at all. You can use Misode, use the overworld preset and change biome source to multi noise.Then a green plus button will let you add in your biomes manually by putting in their generation values with the colour representing each biome. This lets you see the how your biomes are distributed in the window on the right. There you can changed the biomes values until you are satisfied and then go to mcreator, open your biomes and change their values to match the ones you just made on Misode. 

For you question of do you copy and paste the code, idk if you mean the Misode one but if you understand coding then go ahead and paste it into your dimension after locking it, the only problem will be that if you add more biomes in the future you will mess it up and it is more complicated than it needs to be. If the code is your mcreator dimensions original code, I only said to copy and paste that into Misode because its quicker than manually adding in your biomes. I also dont know what you mean by if its not the mod version, if you mean can you add your custom biomes into Misode then yes because its basically just a text editor with buttons and you can change all of it manually in the bottom right.